Our school is founded on the vision of CHRIST Culture; the idea that our purpose is to glorify and serve JESUS CHRIST in all areas of life including education. As our nation and public education system continue to move away from a Christian worldview it is more critical than ever to have a school where children are raised in GOD’S Word and Truth. At Still Waters, our goal is to provide a safe learning environment where children acquire knowledge and skills they will use to serve GOD and others.
MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Welcome to Still Waters Learning Center!
I am so glad you are taking time to visit our school’s webpage. It is our hope that as you browse the pages on this site you will learn about our community and what sets us apart from other learning communities.
At Still Waters, our vision is a CHRIST Culture education: an educational program that is set in the context of Jesus Christ and HIS culture where prayer, Scripture, and HIS Words are readily available and accessible to all children and staff. As a school of approximately 40+ families from over 15 nations, your child will be well known and well cared for by highly trained and loving staff members. Our desire is to prepare our students to be lifelong learners built on a foundation of faith.
As you enjoy the Still Waters experience online, please consider scheduling a personal tour to see what we are all about. Come see what a difference our school can make in your child’s life. I look forward to meeting you and your whole family!
Blessings in CHRIST JESUS,
Elementary School Principal
The mission of Still Waters Learning Center is to provide a CHRIST-centered education for children of all nations through a CHRIST Culture environment that develops academic excellence, spiritual growth, and deep love for GOD. Our joy as a school is to see each child grow in a lifelong love for learning for the purpose of serving HIS people. Our goal is to prepare students to succeed in competitive environments and develop their unique abilities to the fullest to show forth HIS glory and shine out HIS light.
(Matthew 28:19, Matthew 5:16)
The vision of Still Waters Learning Center is to fully equip children through a CHRIST Culture education to fulfill GOD’s great calling on their lives.
(2 Timothy 3:17, Jeremiah 29:11)
Still Waters Learning Center, a ministry of Still Waters Church, was established to work together with families to provide a CHRIST Culture education. Our core beliefs are:
- We believe that the Bible teaches us to do all things with excellence and purpose. Therefore as a school, we employ the most effective curriculum and instructional strategies within a Christian worldview.
(2 Timothy 2:15)
- We believe the Bible gives parents the primary role and responsibility for their children's education. We partner with parents to bring forth the best educational environment for each child.
(Galatians 4:2, Deuteronomy 6)
- We believe Still Waters Learning Center serves as an evangelical tool for our neighborhood and community. All children are eligible to apply for our program, and all students are taught to grow in the knowledge and love of CHRIST.
(Matthew 19:14, Ephesians 3:19)
- We believe small class size ratios are beneficial for each learner to develop positive relationships and effective classroom learning environments. In addition to this, each child will be well known by at least two staff advocates.
- We believe that application of knowledge comes through practice and mastery of critical thinking. In our school community, each child will be challenged to apply their knowledge through use of truths/facts, reasoning skills, and Godly discernment.
(John 8:32, 1 Timothy 4:16)
CORE FAMILY VALUES
All of the Still Waters Learning Center staff, administration, and school board believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God that is infallible and without error. Through a hermeneutical understanding of the Holy Scriptures, our school community believes the following:
(2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:21)
- We are called to love others as CHRIST loves us. It is not acceptable for Christians to have hatred towards any person or group of people.
- We teach that human life begins at conception and that an unborn child is fully human and deserving treatment as a full human.
(Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm 139:13-16)
- We teach the marriage is a covenant relationship between one man and one woman, as created by GOD, with GOD.
(Genesis 2:24, Mark 10:9, Genesis 1:27)
- We believe that all sexual relations outside of marriage covenant between one man and one woman is sin. Sin is defined as a behavior/practice that separates us from relationship with GOD. (Ex. Pornography, fornication, adultery, homosexuality, bisexual practices, incest, polygamy, bestiality, and pedophilia)
(1 Corinthians 6:13)
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Still Waters Learning Center adheres to the Apostle’s Creed as a Statement of Faith:
I believe in GOD, the FATHER ALMIGHTY, (Isaiah 44:6)
Creator of heaven and earth. (Genesis 1:1)
I believe in JESUS CHRIST, GOD’s only SON, our LORD, (John 3:16)
who was conceived by the HOLY SPIRIT, (Matthew 1:18)
born of the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1:27)
suffered under Pontius Pilate, (Luke 23:24)
was crucified, died, and was buried; (John 19:20, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
HE descended to the dead. (John 19:20, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
On the third day HE rose again; (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
HE ascended into heaven, (Acts 2:33-35, Hebrews 4:14)
HE is seated at the right hand of the Father, (Acts 2:33-35, Colossians 3:1)
and HE will come to judge the living and the dead. (2 Timothy 4:1)
I believe in the HOLY SPIRIT (John 15:26)
the holy catholic Church, (Galatians 3:28)
the communion of saints, (Hebrews 10:25)
the forgiveness of sins, (Luke 24:47)
the resurrection of the body, (1 Corinthians 15:42-44)
and the life everlasting. Amen. (John 10:28)